Making goals for an entire year seems to me to be self-sabotaging.
Are we talking about making a big change that you’ll be so disciplined that you’ll do that action you’re contemplating every single day for the next year? That’s too much time to deal with.
Chunk it down.
If you decide where you want to be in 3 months, it seems far more manageable.
So where do you want to be in 3 months?
1. Write it down and post it where you will see it.
2. Put it in your calendar.
3. What help do you need? Ask for it.
• Help from friends? Partner? Family?
• Alliance with a writing buddy?
• Coaching? Hire a dissertation coach?
4. What resources do you already have? Pull them up.
• Advisor? Mentor? Friend whose opinion you trust?
• What is that resource you’ve been meaning to dip into? Now is the time.
5. What’s the first step?
• Use your top strengths–your signature strengths– to make this step easier
• Make the first step realistic and manageable
6. Go my website (www.nwcoaching.com) and sign up for my Smart Tips newsletter. You will get support and tips that you can use. I’ll also send you a gift.
Here we go!
Until next time,
P.S. Plan for 3 months of successful writing.