Want to feel calm, even fulfilled, while increasing your productivity? And meet a dissertation deadline? Read on.
Recently, I blogged about how a client achieved greater productivity in her writing.
She and I had collaborated over what steps would most likely yield success. Sticking to her plan gave her the success she wanted–she met her deadline by increasing her productivity.
The 4- step plan that she followed could also help you achieve greater productivity and meet a deadline:
1. Write each morning– maximize the morning time
2. Regulate breaks–stick to the schedule
3. Exercise at the end of the day
4. Each evening, journal about the day’s wins and clarify the goals for the following day.
And there’s more!
My client discovered two huge, unexpected added benefits to following through on the plan.
1. One terrific benefit was that she felt fulfilled at the end of each day.
Each morning, she knew what she wanted to accomplish that day. Each evening, she could tick off what she had accomplished, and surprise, surprise—she felt fulfilled. No remorse or guilt. She had done the work she said she would do. She felt content and happy at the end of the day. Fulfilled.
2. A second terrific bonus was that even though she was writing to meet a deadline—typically, a high-anxiety time for her– her stress levels were very low. In fact, she felt a great sense of calm
She says, “I was putting in the hours. And I’d think, ‘Oh, I’m not stressed’ and the next day it would occur to me again, ‘I’m not stressed’.”
She had written toward deadlines before and had not expected that this time would be so different. The lack of stress, the feeling of calm while she was writing, and the fulfillment she felt at the end of the day were wonderful gifts.
But well-deserved gifts. There was no wishful or magical thinking. She had a realistic plan, and she followed through each day.
And she is closer to getting on with her life. Hurray!
I’d love to hear from you—what plan have you put in place that is giving you the success you want plus added benefits?
This week, as a special gift for signing up for my Smart Tips e-newsletter and to underline my hopes that you will soon be getting on with your life, I will give you a 30-minute call. Go to my website (www.nwcoaching.com) and sign up for my Smart Tips e-newsletter.
Your International Dissertation Coach