Experiencing a dissertation boot camp makes great sense.
A dissertation coaching client gave an enthusiastic review of her dissertation boot camp.
Not only was she productive, but she also gained new insights about the process of writing a dissertation.
She noted many accomplishments from dissertation boot camp, such as:
1. Drawing boundaries around the time she works and also where she works.
She laughs at herself now for having thought that she could write her dissertation at the dining room table.
2. Getting the routine down of staying at work for the committed time.
3. Making progress each day.
4. Dealing with the emotional aspects of writing a dissertation and moving out of the place where she had dwelled on her feelings.
5. Realizing that she has the same problems and the same hurdles as everybody else who is trying to write a dissertation.
6. Giving herself permission not to work on week-ends or during the evening.
7. Learning how to summarize what she had done and what her plans were and gaining strength to email this information to her advisor.
The most important advantages that she said she gained from the boot camp were
• Forming the habit of daily writing
• Accomplishing something every day
• Allowing her to have guilt-free time with her husband and family.
She doesn’t have to work all of the time, and in fact, it’s better if she doesn’t.
What would you want to gain from dissertation boot camp?
I’d love to hear from you.
All good wishes,