1. What is the key to perseverance?
Getting started is the key.
The first step is the hardest. Sit down and then stay there.
2. What is sending you right over the edge?
You are– Catastrophizing only raises your blood pressure.
Who needs the drama?
Remember: Catastrophizing is just another form of procrastination.
3. Who could work at a desk stacked so high that you can’t see the computer screen?
Decluttering is a terrific focusing mechanism.
Just don’t get carried away with it—we’re talking desk top, one surface.
4. Even if you get going, something seems to stop you.
Ever hear of a momentum-breaker?
It’s usually something you do to yourself, when you’re at your self-sabotaging best.
5. How did creativity get to be #24 in your list of strengths?
Oops—time to try a new approach. Give yourself a moment to let your mind wander—in the grocery store line or driving to take care of an errand. Turn the radio off and let your mind do what it loves to do for a bit.
6. How can you write when you’re feeling so mean?
So you didn’t have a great holiday. Or you don’t want to go back to writing after having a great holiday. Meanness is uncalled for. Time to practice gratitude and empty that mean-spiritedness before it really gets in your way. What do you have to be grateful for?
7. Think how irritated you will be with yourself next week if you goof off all of this week.
8. Bonus Tip: Go my website (www.nwcoaching.com) and sign up for my Smart Tips newsletter. I have something you can use!
Until next time,
P.S. Get in touch with me–what would help you move into action?